3.21.2003,08:39
well folks, welcome to war. I find it completely impossible to focus on anything when I am convinced that if the whole world would just shut up for a minute we'd hear people dying. When I think about it, and picture in my mind just what it would be like to be an iraqi right now, I can smell burning flesh. The Iraqis are not just them, they are a part of us. We are hurting us, and we are killing us, and there is nothing we can do to stop us. Will we see the first nuclear war of my lifetime? This is why I can't sleep at night.

The best website I've found to follow all of this is www.guardian.co.uk it's the website for the big lefty paper out of England, and they seem to cover just about everything. They even have an interactive map of various Iraqi cities onto which you can superimpose the locations that the US and UK have said would be likely first targets and also the locations of civilian facilities in those same areas. Pretty scary. Plus they have some actual reporting, you know, mulitple views, etc. I wish I spoke french better so I could watch all this on the french news.

I'm still working on that damned first paper. It must be done this weekend so I can start another next week, but I have to admit my focus is entirely elsewhere. Can you hear the screams?
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค