8.20.2006,10:37
may I recommend...

The Rio Theatre on East Broadway at Commercial. Better screen and sound than the Van East (cleaner facilities too), huge cushy seats with enough leg room to satisfy even all 6 and a half feet of C, and no ads. I've always hated huge nasty chain theatres (and you should too) so it's great to have another other option - not that I don't have a special place in my heart for the Van East, but sometimes, between the screen quality and the selection issue... At any rate, Rio it is. The owner is a cool guy too, who opened for World Cup and is hoping to develop the Rio into an 'event' (aka party) theatre, hence they had the big costume opening for Snakes on a Plane.

I know, I know, plug plug plug, it's just a great local business I don't want to loose.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค