7.26.2004,08:46
Condom Bomb Africa
I was talking with a friend of mine last night who's working on a documentary about the Christian Right and especially the Mormons in the states who control a huge voting block and peddle influence across the nation. He was telling me that a "Charitable Group" backed by the lovely Mormon Reverend Moon almost won the government contract in the States for programs to help deal with Aids in Africa, which would have included all the money the US is willing to spend to help the problem, for absinence programs like the ones that are failing miserably in US highschools. Abstinence programs. They proposed stemming the tide of aids in Africa with abstinence programs. Here's my counter proposal: we here in Canada are spending upwards of $3 billion to buy a shiny new fleet of Sikorsky H92 helicopters which apperantly offer "ground-combat payload delivery" so I vote we test the bastards by condom bombing Africa. Not a perfect solution, but I figure dropping cartons of rubbers all over the continent is at least a hell of a lot better than the same program the US is using to prevent teenage motherhood (and we can see the success rate there...). We can talk about Indonesia next. 

For my pick in best US political satire of the week, go here and click to play "This Land." Trust me.

I'm going to do school work now.

 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค