2.15.2003,17:08
Well, y'all know how the story goes now. I trusted, I was betrayed. Can I do your astrological chart? Well, that sounded innocent to me, but as we've already covered, I was wrong. Turns out he wanted to do my chart so he would have a good reason to stare soulfully into my eyes and announce he was in love with me. As if it were my problem, as if it was anywhere near appropriate, as if I would ever play a part in that fantasy world. Sorry, I leared my lesson on that awhile ago. But fuck, eh, you just can't trust anyone.

Well, I let the event slide, but everything else just kept sliding too, into a really sick place. R never mentioned being in love with me again, but things still got worse. I'd been fighting with Coeur for several weeks befor eI learned that our whole fight had essentially been created by R, who had been "passing messages" between us of things we'd never said. And he had this great habit of compounding misery. And I had to get out. And I hurt him?? Only if you're too scared to face the truth of your own actions.

So R, if you have broken your word and happen across this, here's my message to you:
I beleive you are a good person. I do not belive you are a happy person. I think that you are a potentially damaging person because you yourself are in a very dark place. I think you crossed many lines you shouldn't have. I feel that you created a fight between K and I because you were afraid I'd "turn her against you." I think that, regarless of any attraction you had to either K or myself, it was entirely inappropriate of you to bring it up with us. It is not uncommon for an older man to be attracted to a younger girl. It is not right, however, for the man to try to manifest that fanatsy. I think that these feelings ar ebehind why you maintain contact with K and are still writing on your website. I'm not here to tell you what to do, but I think you made the right choice when you agreed to back off, a choice that validated the ways many of us felt we had been manipulated and how we felt about where you'd crossed important boundary lines. I feel further betrayed that you did not keep your word on this. You no longer have my trust or respect as you have behaved in ways that I feel are immature to an extent that is not acceptable, especially in someone your age, and that were damaging, and by breaking your word, your first attempt to right your wrongs, you are no where near beginning to rebuild it.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค