2.05.2003,17:19
Well, it's Wednesday evening again, which means I am once more killing time until my 7:00 poli sci class. Up side: with five hours of breaks, I get loads of reading done. Down side: as if there's only one, but for starts hanging around campus loathing the stupid people and having nothing to eat but the truly evil fare being pushed by surly UBC Food Services representatives. But I did have a really good seminar for my other poli sci class (the political philosophy one) today, but not because the material is all that interesting (by any stretch) but because I like my TA. He's kind of cute and knows already that I'll take him on on any argument he brings up, so now when he suggests something he tends to look directly at me, with this very motivating, cocky, smart, and by the sum of all those, sexy, eyebrow-cocked smile. Fun fun fun.

I got brave and wore a skirt today, directly in spite of the fact that it is freezing out. It is sunny, and since it's February, it's not winter any more (right? RIGHT?!) thus it is officially skirt weather. Short skirt weather even, despite the complaints of my newly-numb knees. And don't worry, I already have reperation plans -- I've promised them I'll go curl up in the Aquatic Centre where it's nice and warm to do my reading. With maybe a breif stop in SUB for tea... But Coeur is definately right about these things, activities like leg shaving (which admittedly, along with certain other body-hair removal rituals, I preform religiously every second day) and (most notedly in my case (hey, lots of brackets today, eh?)) skirt wearing have a weird effect on people, especially ones of that more masculine gender (and really, if I just meant men, I would have said that, but I have also been approached by girls twice today...). My experiences today have ranged from "Nice legs, what's between 'em?" (yeah, hi A, how's it going...) to "Hey, excuse me" "Yes?" "would you mind coming back and walking in front of that window a few more times?" (from the lovely boys in the Arts Undergrad Society Office) to "You know, I find it very sexy when a woman is as in touch with her sexual energy as you clearly are" (from one of those fairly masculine non-men I was talking about -- and really, what business of her is it? I mean, first off, she starts by telling me what she finds sexy, and then it turns out to be some random psychic beam she says she can see that may or may not exist - nice pick up line. And while I am off on a bit of a rant about this, she was the most offensive, because everyone else was joking around, while she treid to grab my arm, in, I'm guessing, an attempt to gaze even more intenly and creepily into my eyes. I don't like it when any one I don't know grabs me, regardless of gender). Oy. Train of thought crashing.

But yeah, reading to do, so I'm on my way to tea and coziness, but everyone out there please remember, any pick up line that involves grabbing someone is not good. Yeah. yyyeeeaach.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค