1.19.2007,10:13
cross yer fingers for me!
Right now I'm the closest I've been yet to actually getting to quit the evil weekend customer service gig. I'm getting ready to head off to one of the biggest adult ed. centres in town to be interviewed to teach a Saturday English Upgrading course. The Saturday courses are pretty unpopular with the more experienced teacher set, but I do secretly love grammar, and I'm working Saturdays as it stands right now anyway. I'd so much rather spend them teaching!

The math of career upgrading is also pretty heart warming. When I work as an instructional assistant (which is my mainstay gig right now) I make twice my customer service job rate, and when I'm working s an instructor (say, for this Saturday course) I make twice that again. What does this all mean? Teaching this 4.5 hour course would pay better than putting in a 16 hour weekend at the yup(pie)shop. So wish me luck!

In response to the first question to land in my inbox: I think they are interviewing three of us, all currently at the same seniority level. Dun-dun-dun...
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค