12.07.2006,09:45
decembering
I can't believe it's 'that time of the year' already. I don't even know what it's all for, since few people seem to actually enjoy it all that much. Katja is talking about getting a tree, which would be the first time such a thing has happened in this apartment - I just can't be bothered.

It's not that I'm a big Christmas hater, I do even like Christmas sometimes, it just seems like there such a ridiculous amount that each of us is supposed to consume this year. I don't feel right unless I'm not doing my share - harder this year, too, for all the work parties, secret santas, and whatnot that I'm supposed to join in. I'm into all of the traditions that aren't focused on buying stuff, but unfortunately, those seem to get fewer and fewer all the time.

I say bring on the cooking, the games, the family, the crazy traditions. Bring on spiced cider, snowflakes, and skating. Just hold the shopping. If I had it my way, I'd spend the holiday skating on the lake my grandmother lives by and pretending the whole world was peaceful, even if just for a moment.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค