2.01.2006,20:26
fun with grade 8s

A Haiku is:
a) a tasty Japanese appetizer

b) a five line poem that imitates a Japanese style but is designed to suit the English language

c) a traditional Japanese form of poem that is three lines long

d) a traditional Japanese form of poem that is five lines long

So far so good on the practicum front, but this is just the beginning, and teaching once a day is a lot different than teaching three times a day, which is where I'm headed. I have to admit, I think there's some irony in the fact that while teenagers think they know pretty much everything, and we gradually realize as we get older how little we really know, it's right around the time you're old enough to realize you actually KNOW bloody nothing that you're the right age to get tossed into a classroom of teenagers who think they know everything. More than anything, I tend to feel a bit sorry for them. It's a rough age.

As usual, Cam left for work not long before I got home, and he'll be at work long after I go to bed. I have the TV on for background noise - I think it must be something about growing up in a big family that makes me so prone to lonliness when I'm home alone.

Back to lesson planning now.

 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค