1.22.2006,11:08
still january
it's still cold, grey, wet, and dark out. I'm still behind on my planning (units, lessons, etc.) for th e end of the month, and about every second day I wake up feeling like I'm coming down with something, only then it goes away. I have a serious case of the Januaries, and all I want to do is hibernate. I swear, if it's up to me I'm coming back as a big black bear, and I won't wake up until I can smell berries and honey and springtime. Isn't it fun when all I ever post is whining about how much I hate winter? Especially when I could post about all kind of other uplifting stuff like spending the majority of my free time at the hospital, exciting meetings at the brock hall financial aid office, and being forced to teach shitty poetry because our schools can't even afford to photocopy any more.

In the Northwest Territories, they're offering $62k/year plus northern living allowance, etc. as starting wage for teachers with my subject combination (english and social studies), but I have the feeling January feels a lot longer up there.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค