1.18.2004,11:15
there's a guy on my street corner
who says he sells freedom
he'll even give me the needles
if I'm broke
if I need 'em
but you see
I know what I'm missing
so I ain't gotta try it
because freedom ain't freedom
if you gotta buy it

Shane Koyczan, "People are Getting Better"

rainy sunday, busy day, guests coming, homework to do, but should you find yourself with nothing to do tonight, may I highly recommend the Thundering Word Heard 3 Year Anniversary Extravaganza. $7 gets you in the door at Cafe Monmartre at 4362 Main St. (that's at about 28th) at 7:30 where you'll be treated to the likes of CR Avery (our own Bob Dylan, or a cross between Sylvia Plath and LL Cool J), Monica Lee (like Joni Mitchelle if she were hot and had the voice of an angel), Barbra Adler (creating terms for previously un-named feelings since 1983ish), THE Shane and Mike McGee (who together meld and become something far greater than their parts, something known as TOFU, or Tons Of FUn). T'will be the show of the century, and hey, if we're lucky, RC Wheslowski might even tell us all about jacking off on top of Mount Rushmore, and how can any sane person say no to that???
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค