1.06.2004,12:36
if you lay face up on the ground while it's snowing, it looks like warp speed through the windows of the starship enterprise

not that I've tried, just one of the more amusing snippets I overheared on the almost two hour version of what should be a fourty-five minute b-line trip from commercial drive to ubc. the result of this fantastic voyage was me arriving very late and thereby missing the class I'm trying to get into. that's fine and dandy, just so long as I amnage to get into all three of the other full courses I'm trying for. it's bullshit, I tells ya, shelling out a couple of grand a term to take whatever happens to be available since our cheap-ass school clearly isn't interested in shelling out the needed fund to actually aquire a new prof or two to meet the demands of our continuously growing student population. not that I'm bitterm or anything.

Hope everyone had a happy and (insert other desired trait of new year's celebration here) New Year's eve. Mine was lovely with the exception of a near mass brawl between us peace-luvin' poet types and some hip-hop mc's who decided to perform their set as if they were catering to a bunch of sixteen year-old, pleather wearing, coors light drinking, fiddy-cent listening bunch of stone-temple style,shitfaced goons... but yeah, other than that, lovely. I saw the best minds of my generation... well, sing, dance, and get really giggly, which I reckon is about the best anyone can hope for. All in all December was a really good month, and I'm sad to see it end and this new school term from hell come roaring out of the garage to wake me from my sleepy, smokey, cozy stupor.

 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค