12.15.2003,22:10
because dull would be bad, right?

so tomorrow I'm going training for my new job. it sounds really cool and all the people in the office today at the interview were really cool political activist types, so it seems like I've found the right place. But it's going to keep me occupied for a bit now I figure... not enough to keep me from tomorrow's much anticipated show at Cafe Deux Soleil.

In other news, I've been placing bets on what strands of conspiracy theory I think will be most prevailent regarding the timely capture of Saddam. I figure it could go several ways, including:
- obviously since the USA had no intention of obeying the Geneva convention with regards to Saddam, they wouldn't make his capture public until they'd already gotten everything that thewy wanted out of him
- good for publicity. Dubbau's ratings are going through the roof. Maybe they'll "capture" bin laden, what, say a week or two before the election?
- yeah, sure you've got him. A man known for his use of body doubles plus a president desperate for SOME good news in a war on terror that has worked about as well as daddy's war on drugs...

and etc. etc. etc. I personally haven't picked my favorite yet, but something tells me I'll be hearing all those and more.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค