4.06.2003,18:26
oh, there is an easy way!

so all these people keep telling me how infamously hard my english prof is supposed to be (shhhh don't tell him, he might stop giving me As) and I'm like, "He's not hard, he's letting me write a paper about POETRY!!! I mean really, poetry? That's nice". Oh, hey, wait, you mean as a poetry prof that's what he's SUPPOSED to do?? Oh my god! WHat have I been doing all this time??? Peotry papers are fun. I should have remembered this from my other English class last term -- ENGLISH PAPERS ARE FUN! They are like a picnic on a sunny day, at least compared to the other piles of grueling crap they make me do in poli sci and geog. All I have to do for ENglish (essentially) is interpret things, and I AM GOOD AT THAT! (see how enthusiastic i am today!) I don't have to do research (trust me, looking up a few critical views etc. is not research compared to trying to find out just what type of international sysytem we have) and, well in general, it's just more fun. Literature is just not depressing like reality is. This is my easiest paper since my last English paper!

Dude, there is an easy way!

but maybe one little problem, and maybe that's why I won't major in the fun-paper department: because then if I want to do my masters or something later, I'd have to do it there too, and that'd make my remove my eyeballs with matchsticks.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค