11.05.2005,16:27
november sux
I'm hibernating today. November is always the month that I can just barley make it through. Cold, wet, dark, and invariably stressful. Last week was one fo the busiest of my life so far, and I feel like I'm in recovery today. Hiding from starting lesson plans for a Langston Hughes short story and the war of 1812 by pissing around online, with Hockey Night in Canada on in the background. So far, this Uprising buttermilk scone and cup of earl grey tea have been sufficient insulation against the darkness outside, but I sure hope this month doesn't feel too long this year, because I don't know if I could take it.

My background project right now is talking people into voting in Vancouver's upcoming civic election (the 19 of this month). I think I've already picked my candidates, but it has come down to whose freinds I trust the most as much as which actual potential mayor. With this provincial government, we really can't afford a less-progressive city council. Will you be voting? Do you know who for? Let's talk election.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค