10.10.2005,16:23
long weekend blues and happy days
Well, as the Thanksgiving long weekend draws to a close, I'm as stuffed as a turkey but typing away at school work as usual. Cam and I had dinner with his family on Saturday, and then I had dinner with my clan last night, while Cam was at work. The food, on both counts, was fantastic, and I have enough leftovers to keep me from having to cook for at least a couple of days. Ness's pumpkin pie and Chen's cake and buns were probably the food highlights, alongside Cam's Mom's stuffing. mmm.

I woke up on Saturday with a really sore throat and a cold, which are thankfully mostly gone now (see, I'm thankful for lots of things!) but I also hurt my neck yesterday and it's still really painful today. I can't bend or turn my neck to the right hardly at all right now, and as I type this, I'm wearing a neck brace. Grr. As if I needed one more thing to deal with. I've already put together one written assignemnt that I have to hand in this week, but there are two other, as well as two presentations still clamouring for my attention. It will be a busy week.

Lori was right. Just tell all your friends you'll see them in a year. I'm so out of touch with everyone, and even taking a minute to post here seems like unwise procrastination. There's just so much to do.

Also, word to the wise, don't get me started on my Future Shop rant. I got my printer back yesterday after two weeks of "servicing" and it's full of fuzz and huge ink tar pits that certainly weren't there before. Not to mention that their advice for my printer that is still under their extended warranty that I bought was to take it to Staples, pay them for a new print head and have them show me how to install it. I'm doing the angry e-mail jig with customer service right now. Looks like I'll be paying to print at school for awhile longer yet. sigh.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค