10.29.2005,15:11
normelsee
I can't ever really bring myself to just blog about what goes on on a day-to-day basis, becasue there's just so much stuff, but it all seems insane if I take it out of context.

So I blog more about what I think, and lately I'm wondering why there seem to be so many people who feel like they have no support. Is it really true that such a huge proportion of people don't have the time or energy to actually make and maintain connections? It seems like at least half of what I hear lately from the myriad of people who surround me is about people feeling isolated, like they have no one to turn to, or people getting hurt by someone who runs away in an attempt to keep their life clean, easy, and free of attatchments, or people on the reverse side, telling near-miss stories about narrowly avoiding being tied down or tainted by someone else's messy life.

Is this something unique or particularly prevalent among my generation or not? What about our society or culture - is this connected to the social contexts (or maybe lack thereof) that we live in? At the bottom of all this, the question is how, why, and when did so many of us stop beign willing to invest in eachother's lives, and what can we do to change it?

I could go on, but I won't. I just don't have much rant in me today. Instead, I have lots to do in this already dwindling day, and a head-to-toe rash proving that I'm allergic to my new laundry soap. Did I mention that my practicum starts on Monday? Same day my mom's moving.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค