9.15.2003,10:38
monday, monday, sometimes it just turns out that way

I am re-analyzing my life (again - yes, re-again). Do I want to commit to new blinds or do I want to move on soon, and therefore not buy blinds for windows that I will be leaving sometime? But sometime could be a long, blindless time... See, even the simple shit can be cause for questioning. I'd know what I wanted if I only knew what I wanted. Okay, so I've never liked making decisions.

My roomate has decided that the plants in our livingroom ought to proliferate, and has therefore, bought a bunch more, but two of them are spider plants, ewww. Now, whether or not you subscribe to the superstition that spider plants actually attract spiders, you must admit that they ar eat the very least a bad omen. I finally live in an arachnid-free zone, and I'd like to keep it that way, especially after my several years stint in an arachnid ridden shed, which left me utterly convinced of my future desire to avoid them at all cost. Only now we have spider plants. Come here you cute little arachnid...

We are also in danger of having fake ivy hung up around the house. I don't even have to say eww here, do I? That's a given, right? Yeah. Roomie says she saw it in someone else's place and really liked it. I'm like, It's a fake plant, need I say more? See, we have fairly different decorating styles. Mine is much more minimalist, less is more, with the exception of a few (or sometimes even a lot) of well placed art, a couple of candles or interesting pices of glass or something, and a few plants. She wears the crown as Queen of Clutter (or at least is trying to steal it off of my mother's head). This involves an endless need to put shit everywhere, and shit included any kind of cultural or pseudo cultural anything, anything she finds outrageous, getto fab, or bootylicious. This is not my ideal home decor, needless to say, but does illustrate the differences in what we're each rebelling against. But it's driving me ape shit.

Don't get me wrong, she is on the whole a very good roomie, but does our apartement have to look like an uncomfotable throw-together collection of futile teenage rebellion?

Maybe if we could just take the punisher skull carving out of the livingroom window???
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค