5.04.2007,10:40
a beautiful day in the neighbourhood
mmm, outside my window I see sunbeams, blue sky, and puffy white clouds and it is true that May is just a better month than April folks - it's when things actually turn nice here in the 'couve. My windowsill roses certainly think so - I've got something like 10 blooms right now, and buds galore.

There will be no beautiful day out in the neighbourhood for me today though. I'm sick, and have been since Wednesday. Feverish, tonsils and throat all swollen, ears blocked, sinuses - well anyways, I could go on. And I thought now that it was actually spring all this winter sickness crap was supposed to be over. I totally croaked through my last two days teaching this week, relied on advil cold and sinus to keep me functioning - fuzzy, but functioning. So today is my day of rest. Time to recover, and maybe even do a whole whack of marking. It's a good thing I have such great students right now, or I would have just fallen flat on my face this week.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค