4.27.2007,10:48
my brothers, I have dreamed a dream

Last night my head was full of crazy weird symbolism. It's probably just the end result of a very intense week - a good one though. I have a pretty neat group of students in my English 11, and we are already rolling along, and picking up momentum.

Which doesn't explain why I dreamed about cleaning up hand grenades in the Egyptian dessert, nor pulling a whale out of the ocean to rescue endangered angel fish from its stomach. I also saw the stars forming patterns around the moon, and had a field of grain ripen as I walked through it, which is what reminded me of where the title of this post comes from - my grade 3 production of Joseph and the many coloured coat. As you may know, stars and grain featured in his dreams too. I can't be the only one who's enough of a freak to remember lines from a play they were in more than 16 years ago, can I?

Finally, I dreamed about getting a tattoo of Nefertiti. I was told by the old man who gave it to me that you must wear the faces of those you dream of, and they will act as armour and watch over you. As a little girl, I used to have Nefertiti dreams quite regularly, so he tattooed her visage on my back. Ever since I woke up, the idea has stayed with me. Tattoo?
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค