6.04.2005,11:44
vices
Finally saw the new starwars with my sisters last night and it was in fact all I'd hoped for. Especially the R2 battle. He was always my favorite character. It's just too bad they couldn't actually give Ms. Portman a character to play. She suffers from what I used to refer to as Princess Leia syndrom -- the benevolent princess dilema. Characters with no real motivations who don't really get to do anything but whatever they do do is in the name of benevolence and princessness. They get to do such exciting and unpredicatble scenes as "Oh! It pains me to see others get hurt" and "Gee I sure hope everyone I love is okay" followed by "I'm confused and pouty. Better turn on my benevolent princess radar so it will tell me the right thing to do." Riviting, really.

Cam recently came into his brother's PS2 along with a number of games. He's been playing Grand Theft Auto which Kat says all guys like. I have to admit I didn't expect it to apeal to me at all, and it doesn't really. Except the shopping and driving. I've taken Cam's character shopping three or four times now, and although I dont' run around wreakign violence and havock as you're supposed to, stealing various vehicles (boats, motorcycles, planes, etc.) to drive around what is actually a remarkably well-designed landscape has it's charms. So there you go, shopping and stealing cars. You never knew, did you?

And while on vices, I'm going shopping this afternoon with Sho and Chen. To metrotown. Which makes it at least 3 or 4 vices. Because I'll indulge my secret love for Arby's curly fries. Yuck (mmm). Bet you didn't know that either.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค