6.12.2005,11:12
mad, happy days
What a weekend. In addition to having my best friend over from the island, I went to a reunion at Windsor House, an alternative school I used to attend. The reunion was held as the retirement celebration for the school's founder, and amazing woman named Helen Hughes, and I got to see all kinds of old, old, friends, some who I hadn't seen in ten years. The funniest thing was that none of us had really changed that much. WH was an enviromenty where we all really got to be ourselves. That's the kind of person Helen is, she always believed we could do and be whatever we wanted and was always willing to work to give us the opportunity to prove it to ourselves. It's a community I'll always belong to. The North Van school board is constantly trying to shut WH down, which at this point is just sad, since it's had such a major impact on so many of our lives.

time to get to work. one class ending this week, which means terms paper and final, and Kat's grad is also this week. Also, sorry to anyone who thinks I'm ignoring their e-mail, I haven't been able to get into my hotmail for 3 of the past 4 days (today included, so far). Maybe it is time to switch to g-mail...
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค