6.06.2005,10:38
calendar
It's Monday again, so another string of evening nclasses are rolling across my week, but one of my classes ends in two weeks.

This weekend Agent K is coming into town and together we're going to the retirement party of a very special teacher we used to have. She created the alternative school that we, as well as my big sister, went to for years and was a really major influence on, well, my life at least, but I'll bet all of us.

Next Wednesday Kat is graduating! It's a bit hard to believe, but I'm excited for her. I got to edit an essay for her last night and she really is ready for University. She was writing about the shift from neoclassicism to naturalism and realism in drama (specifically in relation to Ibsen) and my 2nd year lit courses came back in a flash.

The day after Kat's grad, my anthro paper is due. I have to invent and subsequently change a culture and still haven't decided how much of an optimist or cynic I want to be about it.

That Saturday (at 8:30am, my very favorite exam time) is my anthro final, and then the course is done. Yay!

The following Thursday is Chen's Grade 7 grad. I keep telling mself that it really has been long wenough since she was little for her to be old enough to go into highschool, but the part of me that remembers when she used to let me put her hair in pigtails is having a hard time believeing it.

After that, the only other major thing this month is my second "Structure of Modern English" midterm. Overlayed across this all, of course, is a liberal splatter of school work and as many hours as possible doing interview transcriptions.

Wasn't this about the dullest post ever? It helps me keep everything straight in my brain though, and you didn't have to read it, did you.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค