5.01.2005,10:38
no coffee shop chai can compete
went grad dress hunting with Kat and my mom yesterday, and realizing that Kat will be graduating this year makes me feel pretty old. My own highschool grad was six years ago, which is a bit hard to believe. Chen is getting up there now too - she's old enough that I remember being her age really well.

After dress shopping, Kat had to leave, so Mom and hit a really nice thrift store and then went up to the Punjabi market and had chai and curry. The chai they serve is like the chai I used to get as a kid when we were at the folk fest, and it reminds me of why I was so disappointed when coffee shops started serving chai -- what they serve really is disappointing in comparison. Plus they keep refilling your cup while you eat. Mmm.

It was so sweet to get to spend some time just mom and I yesterday, because although I've gotten so used to it that I don't even think I notice most of the time, it is quite a rarity. My family's funny like that, I love them all together, we have such fun, but seeing everyone one-on-one is a rare treat. Vanessa and I, for example, have had the most amazing times hanging out just the two of us, but it only happens once in a blue moon. Still, to have a family like mine, I know full well is a blessing. I don't know many people who are nearly as fond of their families as I am of mine. They're some of the most brilliant and fun people around.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค