4.08.2005,17:18
non-momentous momentous moments
Well, this sunny day in Arpil marks my last day of classes for my degree, so as of the hour I spent receiving my last lecture on Canadian foreign policy, which mercifully ended at 1:50 today, I am done my term, and thus degree. If only.

See, this is a non-momentous moment because the fact of the matter remians that I am blogging to put off starting on a paper I have due Monday (the last paper of my degree, might I add) which will require me to spend my entire weekend sifting through the past eight years of BC parliamentary debates. To further reduce any levels of momentousness which might otherwise be associated with this moment, I still have two final exams as well, which won't roll around until the 20th and 26th of this month. And just in case you still think you see a twinkle of the momentous left lying around here anywhere, may I remind you that my summer courses, needed not for my degree but rather for my entrance into the Secondary Education program next year, will begin on May 9th, a full 18 days before my actual graduation on the 27th. See? No moment.

That said, it is really nice to know I'm finally moving on and won't be getting lectured, at least for awhile. I'm always happy when classes are over, and I got my procession number for my graduation today. We all know how bureaucracy works, right? When they make you a number, that's when it's for real.

Off to work, since Ole Holsti's "Content Analysis for the Social Sciences and Humanities" (1969) doesn't seem to want to read itself (but then again, if that were me, I wouldn't want to read myself either).
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค