2.24.2005,09:29
warning: bad political joke to follow
as I'm sure you all know, Queen Elizabeth celebrated her 50th year of rule not long ago, and many world leaders called to congratulate her. George W. Bush, having an obvious interest in dynasties, was among the well-wishers who called her majesty.
"Madame Queen," he asks, "How have you managed to stay in power for so long?"
"Well," she replies, "I think the most important thing is to surround yourself in smart people."
"I'm not sure I know what you mean..." replies George Bush.
"Here," says the Queen, "I'll give you an example."
So her majesty calls up Tony Blair and connects him to her call with Bush.
"Tony," she says, "Your parents have a child who is neither your brother nor your sister, who is it?"
"Well, that's obvious," he replies. "It's me."
Her majesty disconnects Blair and says to Bush "Do you see what I mean now?"
"Yes, I think I do see know," Bush replies, and hangs up. He then calles Dick Cheney into his office.
"Dick," he pronounces, rising behind his desk to lend authority to his words, "Your parents have a child who is neither your brother nor your sister, who is it?"
Cheney sratches his head. "Hmm, Mr. President," he replies, "that's a thinker. I'll get back to you as soon as possible."
Cheney leaves the oval office very worried. He paces the halls of the White House for the rest of the day trying to come up with an answer to the president's question. The next morning, Cheney is preparing to go see the president and he knows he'll have to admit he hasn't been able to find an answer to the question, when he runs into Colin Powell. Relieved, he thinks, Colin's a smart guy, he'll know the answer.
So Cheney says to Powell, "Colin, I have a question for you, it's very important. The president needs to know. If your parents have a child who is neither your brother nor your sister, who is it?"
Powell replies "Well, it must be me."
"Excellent" Cheney mutters and rushes off to the oval office.
"Mr. President," he exclaims, "I have the answer to your question!"
"And who is it?" asks Bush.
"It's Colin Powell!" says Cheney
"No, you moron," replies Bush, "It's Tony Blair."
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค