2.05.2005,10:44
Imagine What a Great Politics Column this Could Be
If the whole rest of my life wasn't basically one big venue for political debate, imagine the pearls that might spill forth from my lips here. This very post could be Sasha's insightful and well constucted rant on electoral reform if only I hadn't already given it so many times that I just don't really want to get into it now. I might've written about Bush2 Inaguration2 or Stephen Harper starting an anti-gay marriage ad campaign with out his partners' consent. I might've waxed poetic about this coming BC election which will use our same old crappy electoral system and probably result in the re-election of GCAM unless we talk a whole bunch more people into voting. Hell, I might've even given you my opinion on Carol James. Or the Tsunami and resultant wave of American excizing guilt. (They're doing it for all kinds of causes now, it's a feedback loop. "Oh something bad happened to you, and I heard about it on CNN. That's so terrible. Let me give you a bit of money I collected from my family and neighbours so that I can feel better about myself." Americans fundraising to avoid dealing with things. "Can't we pay someone to do that?"). Okay, so maybe sometimes I can't resist. At least a little bit.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค