10.15.2003,10:53
stuffed and old

well, I'm back on track after a long weekend that was chaotic enough to require me to skip school yesterday to recover (or at least that's what I'm claiming because it had nothing to do with the fact that it was beautiful out and I wanted to go for a walf and spend more time in bed). So school again it is, and I'm finally starting to stress abou t term papers, but had a wonderful thanksgiving/birthday weekend with my family.

But I have to note that thanksgiving with my family does not look like thanksgiving with other people's families. For me this year, it went something like this: get up early enough to lie around for a bit then start baking bread. make pie crusts. have shower. jump out of shower to rescue bread. rush of to mom's with cam in a vain attempt to be there by 3:00 as per her request. arrive at mom's with cam and kat around 3:30. mom's not there. not surprised. hang out. wait for mom. impatiently call ness to find out when her and mom will arrive. sit around. mom arrives, chaos ensues. cooking frenzy. final store-run for missing ingredients (and direly needed caffine) just after 7:00. chloe and nat arrive around 8:00 (but they came for dessert...). 9:00 starts to loom and chloe and nat go for a walk to see a friend while we eat. by 9:30 or so we have finally dined (salmon though, no turkey this year) and c&n come back to PIE-A-THON!! Four pies, two pumpkin, one strawberry-rhubarb, one chocolate mud, all made by ness. mmmmmmmmmmpie. and presents.

I got such wonderful gifts this year! a breif summary included some $$ towards my santana tickets from cam's family, an amazing collage from his sister, beautiful sun-opal and blue topaz earings from chloe, the cutest hoodie ever and a very cool graphic novel from nat, swanky bath products and face cream and aromatherapy oils from mom and her bf (ajay) (and we're also going to the writers fest as usual), a huge lovely pot of ivy and the best smelling insence ever from ness and her bf (steve), ibraxis from kat, $$ from my grandma to "buy myself something special", and a 100% silk 100% swank blue bathrobe from chen. my god my family has good taste!

but now it is school work time. hell, the way I see it, the sonner I get this doen, the sooner I can return to the half a mud pie and half a pumpkin pie sittingin my freezer and fridge. mmmmmmmpie.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค