12.19.2002,14:13
Well folks, since I've spent that last few days (joyously) sitting on my lazy ass, it's movie review time. and no, I don't mean Lord of the Rings, since at this rate I won't be able to afford to see it until next month, so thus I have been watching el-cheapo blockbuster rentals.

Oceans 11: The new one Star rating: a few too many
Slick and amusing in a nice and Brad Pitt-y kind of way, with a side of George Clooney and that Damon kid. Purtty. Which is good, because it made the average puddle look deep.

Velvet Goldmine: what the fuck? Star rating: run away!!
Seriously though folks, don't waste your time. A fair amount of nudity (both sexes, though more guys I think, at least in the part BEFORE I fell asleep) but not nearly enough to make up for the plot (that's if there was one) and complete lack of character development. The movie follows some 80s glam-rocker and his wife/lover/etc. and the reporter who tries to track him down a decade later, but since none of them are actually developed characters who the viewer has any concern for, the whole movie seems like a comple waste of time. I mean really, did they really expect me to spend two hours of my life following characters that they have left me no choice but to be completely ambivelant about?? yeeshk.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค