12.05.2002,19:08
yeeshk. yeesky-gibblty-ichten. that's about how my brain feels now. I hate Darwin, and I hate Aritotle, and I hate all their friends - Spencer, Lamark, Aggasiz, et al. I hope Watson folds Crick into sharp corners and shoves him up his unethical DNA structure-discovering ASS!! Screw them all. How am I ever suppoesed to answer stupid questions like "What, in term of humanity, counts as progress? How do we determine what is normal, and thus what we count as defective? Concepts of defectiveness, deformity, and even risk are based on what we as a society value and disvalue. What does this tell us about science?" This is not fair. This is not right. These are evil subjective questions and I deem them wholy unanswerable. Unfortunatley that will not likely pass as an answer on my exam tomorrow. sigh.

All I can say is I'm dreaming of a white Christmas... or any kind of Christmas really, especially a Christmas holed up at my Grandma's where I shan't have to lift a single one of my poor over-worked fingers. I need a vacation, and while outside of Edmonton isn't exactly my ideal sunny locale for a winter get away, it will be a hell of a lot more relaxing than here. But for now I'm going to double check to make damned sure that I know what I'm getting myself into when I say I agree with Lewontin that Bioliogy IS Ideology (actually, it's a great book. I highly recommend it. It redeemed my history prof. for all that other CRAP he made us read. Hasta la Viesta, babes.
 
posted by sasha
Permalink ยค